Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

How I Set My Website in Blogger

My first post has been published and I need to make few changes of the format of my website.

When creating blogs in Blogger, the default blog format is in a simplified form.  There are some formats that has designs on it already.

I prefer to have a simple format, which is the SIMPLE format made by Blogger. Taken from the format name itself, it has no colour contrast or designs in the background, just simple texts.  It's fine for me as of now, since I can edit it anytime I want.

Since I have some time to edit it, I started to change few of the settings, which I see it as not conforming to my niche.  I want to make it more professional and in a money making theme.

I logged in to my Blogger account,  clicked Templates and then Customize...

Here are the list of the changes under the Customize menu:

BACKGROUND
I chose a background that has a calculator and numbers on it.

ADJUST WIDTHS
Entire Blog - 1200 px
Right Sidebar - 360 px

LAYOUT
Single right sidebar.  I will change this later if I need to put ads on it.

ADVANCED
PAGE TEXT FONT
Trebuchet
15px
Color: #313131

Backgrounds Color
#838383

LINKS
Link Color
#990000

Visited Color
#af9a00

BLOG TITLE
50px
#000000

TABS TEXT
Bold
20px

TABS BACKGROUND
#b8b8b8

POST TITLE
22px

GADGET
16px

Here is the outcome of my settings.




So far, it looks good and professional.  This will stay as it is for now.  I don't know the outcome of this for a few months or so.  I'll just stick on it and we'll see...I need to cut the ribbon now. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ben Alagnam - MeMovingToCanada